Thursday, March 10, 2011

Harvest Moon, Gym, hanging out with an old buddy

Recently I've become re-addicted to Harvest Moon DS.  I've been a huge fan of the series since HM64, and Back to Nature was definitely the best (for original PS).  Pick up a ROM of it if you can, it's seriously amazing.

I don't know why, this game sounds boring.  You plant crops, you raise animals; milk cows, feed chickens, etc.  You interact with the townsfolk, and the only violence is accidentally hitting a cow with your hoe or ax or whatever.  But. It's.  So. God. Damn. Fun.  I guess it's a love it or hate it style game, but I love it.

Anyway, I stopped playing because it was too easy to exploit, and I'm against the whole "grinding to get an objective" in a game.  Yeah yeah I play WoW and I grind there, but that's only to prevent an unfair advantage that I could gain vs other players.  In a game that you pay for and own (I prefer to think that Blizz is letting us use their servers and play in their virtual world, we really don't own anything), I think you should be able to experience the story at your own pace.  You shouldn't have to spend a couple hours leveling up before you can move on to the next chapter.

Anyway, I digress.  Gym time now, I got my deadlift and incline press day.  I'm looking forward to deadlifting again, I think I have my form down.  If my back is sore until next week, though, I'm definitely going to have to get some help.  I already screwed up my knee, I don't want to screw up my back.  Speaking of which, if anyone has a good suggestion for knee tendinitis, please leave it here.

I'm hanging out with an old friend tonight, haven't seen him in awhile.  We'll probably do some Rock Band, which I'm terribad at, but it's still fun.  I'm not sure if I'll update tomorrow, but at the very least I'll be back on Monday.

5 comments:

  1. Have you tried Minecraft? If you enjoy HM, then you'd probably get damn near addicted to Minecraft. hahah, just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea minecraft is awsm!

    http://all-around-toto.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate Rock Band, maybe because Im musically retarded.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am harvesting something too.. just not the Moon Haha

    ReplyDelete